We're Recruiting An
IT Service Desk Coordinator
LCS Group are looking for outgoing and confident individuals who have a strong desire to continue learning and who aren’t afraid to use their initiative within the workplace. The Service Desk Coordinator will have a unique opportunity to work in an agile team without the limitations of large organisations, giving them the chance to rapidly advance their career and acquire new skills and qualifications within the IT outsourcing sector.
If you are passionate about IT and have the drive and ambition to further enhance your technical skills and qualifications, whilst gaining invaluable first-hand technical experience within a reputable and successful IT organisation then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Starting salary circa £19-21K depending upon relevant experience and qualifications.
Be Part Of Something Great
LCS Group have 25 years’ experience of providing comprehensive & robust IT and network infrastructure solutions, outsourced IT management, support services and consultancy to a wide range of industry sectors locally and across the UK.
The team of highly trained consultants, engineers, and dedicated account managers at LCS deliver world class service to their clients and due to continued expansion, this is where you could make a difference!
Your Regular Duties
The Service Desk Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Fielding inbound service desk telephone support requests to shield higher level technicians
- Dealing with basic level 1 calls and escalating more complex requests within the team
- Onboarding and redirecting customers to the new online portal system
- Working with the internal projects team to develop and implement new service desk templates for the new portal system.
- Dealing with recurring system maintenance duties, such as deploying patches, fixes and responding to alerts from the dynamic server monitoring system
What We're Looking For
In order to be successful in joining our team, candidates should be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Experience of working within an IT support role
- Willingness to learn new skills and gain technical qualifications
- Confident telephone skills with a firm but friendly and professional persona
- Outgoing personality with the ability to work as part of a team but the passion to use their own initiative in the workplace
- The ability to balance a varied workload whilst maintaining high levels of customer service
- Ability to multitask between customer facing and internal project responsibilities
- The confidence to suggest new ideas and ways of working to enhance our service
- Having a driving license is highly desirable, but not essential
Future career enhancement with LCS
There are many opportunities for growth and advancement for the right candidate with opportunities to develop their technical skills and qualifications to escalate their role into independently managing higher level service desk support requests. There is also the opportunity to diversify into more specialist technical roles in future such as:
- On-Premise system installation project engineer
- Ad-Hoc small projects engineer
- Cloud deployment projects engineer
- Security specialist
- Teams & VOIP telephony engineer
- Technical consultant
To support all our engineers to become world-class, we provide a range of vendor training and accreditation programs from Microsoft, ZyXel, Cisco and many others.
We're A Friendly Bunch
A friendly and relaxed environment to learn
At the heart of LCS is our people – without the people, we don’t have a business. Though the work can be fast-paced, our relaxed environment makes for a calm attitude to cope when things gets busy. Being happy and ability to relax is part of our culture, we encourage our team to be able to chill out, watch some TV, and enjoy each others company during down time.
We regularly all get together for a big socials. Be it an escape room, BBQ, meal out, office party or bowling, usually accompanied with a drink or two.
Ready to apply and take the next step?
Send CV and details of why you think you can add value to this role and contribute to the continued growth and success of LCS Group. Include as much information about your current and/or previous roles and experience with current salary details to firstname.lastname@example.org.